Massive Volume Training is my take on the classic msucle building workout system German Volume Training. You will be training 4 days a week using this brutal approach.
Here is a sample split:
- Day 1 - Quads and Hamstrings
- Day 2 - Chest and Triceps
- Day 3 - Off
- Day 4 - Back and Biceps
- Day 5 - Shoulders, Traps, and Calves
- Day 6 - Off
- Day 7 - Off
Here are the rules of Massive Volume Training, or MVT.
Major Muscle Groups:
- Each major muscle group will be hit with a 10x10 rest-pause exercise pairing.
- Instead of doing a 10x10 with a single exercise, you will alternate between 2 exercises until you reach a total of 10 sets.
- For major muscle groups, at least one of the 10x10 exercises must be a quality compound barbell or dumbbell movement.
- The secondary 10x10 exercise should be a very challenging movement and not an isolation lift.
- The secondary 10x10 exercise can be rotated every other week to allow for some exercise variation.
- Rest between 10x10 sets is 90 seconds, and no more.
- Add 5 pounds to the primary and secondary 10x10 exercises when you are able to reach 10 reps for each set of that movement.
- Start with a weight that is about 50% of your one rep max for each exercise. Make adjustments down if needed.
- Major muscle groups are finished off with an isolation-style movement using a 5x10 set and rep scheme. Rest between sets for this isolation lift is a tight 60 seconds, and no more. when you can perform a 5x10 using a given weight, add a slight amount of resistance the following week.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.